NOTE: This is a continuation of this article!
1. Iodine: iodine is another natural remedy for acne scar removal. For this remedy to work, you should wait till your pimples burst open, after which you can apply iodine to the wounds so as to reduce the appearance of the scars. You should notice its effects within the first 2 days of usage, but I would still suggest that you keep applying it on your skin for a bit longer!
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Just like iodine, this natural remedy also helps lessen the appearance of the ugly acne scars (and if your case is not too serious, it can also help you get rid of acne scars permanently)!
3. Vitamin E: You may or may not know it, but Vitamin E really improves the growth and regeneration abilities of our skin; thus, it is an effective remedy for acne scar removal! You can consume a Vitamin E capsule every day, or get it in liquid form and apply it on your face every day!
4. Milk and Nutmeg: This mixture is well known for removing the acne scars from the skin. Apply this mixture on your face (or the affected area, whichever that might be) daily. Very soon you would notice that the scars have vanished like they were never there!
5. Glycolic Acid: Yes, Glycolic acid is not without its ‘bad effects’, but its acne scar removing abilities are almost second to none. If none of the above remedies work for you, then you should use this option (which is why I saved it for the last)! Glycolic acid removes your acne scar by penetrating it, breaking it open, and then exfoliating the dead skin layers. This in turn offers a chance for the younger and suppler skin layers to grow and become visible. With its regular usage, your scar-ridden skin should be transformed into a smooth, supple and youthful-looking skin!
Now about the bad effects. If you have never used the product before, using it for the first few times may cause skin irritation and burning sensation; worse, if you don’t use it right, it could actually worsen the appearance of your blemishes! To get around this issue, you should start with a product which has less than 10% concentration of Glycolic acid, then slowly, as your skin gets used to it, you can buy products containing higher percentages of the Glycolic acid concentration!
Once you get rid of your acne scars, make sure you keep your skin well-hydrated and smooth all the time, so that you don’t suffer from such acne outbreaks again in future. A balanced diet of natural fruits and vegetables, coupled with drinking at least 8 glasses of water or more every day, is going to improve your skin’s regeneration abilities to such an extent that even if you have the problem of acne scars in future, your skin would heal much more rapidly!
If all the above remedies do not suffice, then your only option would be to go to a dermatologist for a thorough evaluation. In most cases, you may have to undergo microdermabrasion or laser resurfacing (which involves heating up the dermis, the skin’s inner layer – and then removing the epidermis of the skin, the outer layer – with the help of a laser beam) to remove the acne scars from your body!
There are many more acne scar removal remedies used widely! For more information, [adrotate banner="3"]