Gas is indeed a problem for many a person – an embarrassing problem at that. Do you know the reason behind it? If you eat fiber-rich foods such as beans, fruits, and vegetables, they maybe good for your health but since such foods generally take longer than carbohydrates to get digested, this slow digestion process can cause an enormous amount of gas inside your body. In this article I will tell you how to alleviate gas using a simple formula. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will be able to alleviate gas in a matter of days!
1. Foods such as beans, broccoli, and cabbage contain a lot of fiber and can produce a lot of gas inside your body if consumed in large quantities. This doesn’t mean that you should exclude these highly-nutritious foods from your diet! Instead of having one large meal for your dinner, break that entire meal into several small servings, and eat each serving every two or three hours.
Also, there are some foods which contain less amount of fiber than others. You should find out such foods, and include them in your diet. And ideal diet should have a mixture of both high-fiber and low-fiber foods.
2. Do you drink milk? Milk maybe the cause behind your bloating problem. Many people cannot digest milk properly, and this leads to gas problems. If you want to alleviate gas, you need to monitor your milk intake and to make sure that you can digest milk properly. One way to do this is to buy medicines such as Lactaid which help in milk digestion.
3. Take a few drops of Beano everyday. Anti-gas products such as Beano contain an enzyme which aids in proper digestion of carbohydrates. This way it helps in alleviating gas.
4. Beware of sugar alcohols such as sorbitol and mannitol. People consume these sugars in the form of chewing gums, sugar-free ice creams, etc. These sugar alcohols take a lot of time to digest, and if you consume them in large quantities, it can produce large amounts of gas inside your body, resulting in bloating and burping. So if you want to alleviate gas, then keep a safe distance from these artificial sweeteners.
5. If you do regular exercises after having your meals, make sure that there is a gap of at least two or three hours between your meal time and exercise time. This is because you must give your gut some time to digest the food before you go ahead with other activities. Proper digestion of food will help in alleviating gas.
There are many other things you need to do in order to alleviate gas. For more information, [adrotate banner="6"]