Far better than seeking cure for high blood pressure is to find ways to prevent it from even developing. Listed below are some of the ways you can prevent high blood sugar.
1. As you know, symptoms of high blood sugar include increased feelings of thirst and fatigue. In the early stages of high blood sugar, you will most likely face one or the other symptoms, but not both. But don’t overlook either of the symptoms!
2. Your first step towards preventing high blood sugar is to know its symptoms. Take out a sheet of paper; post a list of symptoms that are likely to trigger high-blood sugar levels. Then stick the paper at a visible place: e.g., in front of your refrigerator, or any other place. If you don’t know about all the symptoms, ask others. Visit your local doctor and make a list of all the symptoms of high blood sugar. Once you know the symptoms or triggers it would become easy for you to prevent high blood sugar levels.
If you are not following a routine- i.e., if you are skipping meals, or eating at odd times, you should check your blood sugar level regularly. Get yourself a glucose meter; or if you don’t have one, ask your doctor about where to get a good one. Regularly testing your blood sugar levels will let you know if you have any higher than normal level of blood sugar, even if you don’t see the normal symptoms of high blood sugar.
3. The best way to treat high blood sugar is to develop a solid plan. Usually, patients suffering from high blood sugar are required to take large amounts in insulin. If you are not sure about how much to take, ask your doctor’s advice in this regard. Also don’t ever skip any injections or medications or your condition will worsen.
4. If you are unable to do it all on your own, you should follow the doctor’s instructions on how to prevent high blood sugar. Record everything the doctor tells you on a sheet of paper and put it in a safe and convenient place at your home. Carry this record with you wherever you go.
5. If you are having an abnormal level of urination then drink extra amounts of water to keep yourself from getting dehydrated. Avoid sugared and caffeinated drinks like coffee, soft drinks, soda, etc.
If you need more information on how to control high blood sugar levels effectively, [adrotate banner=”16″]