Acute bronchitis is curable. However, keep in mind that in order to cure bronchitis, we need to take certain steps. And no, if you are thinking that I would suggest you to take antibiotics, you cannot be further from the truth! Antibiotics do not give effective cure for bronchitis.
There are actually two types of bronchitis: acute bronchitis as well as chronic bronchitis. It is easy to cure acute bronchitis. All you need is simple home treatment and a complete bed rest. In this article I will tell you what steps you should take in order to cure bronchitis.
The best way to cure bronchitis is by drinking lots of water and other fluids. You should also stay away from things that can irritate your lungs. You can also take cough syrups. Acute bronchitis can also be cured using cough suppressants. Apart from this, you should take the following steps:
1. If you drink alcohol and coffee regularly, you should stop their consumption immediately. This is because these liquids may cause loss of fluid in your body, resulting in more coughing
2. You should also reduce smoking; if possible, completely abstain from it. Smoking irritates the lungs too much and if you continue smoking you may have difficulty in controlling the cough.
3. Your body needs a lot of energy in order to cure bronchitis. For this reason, you should take a complete bed rest so as to save all of your energy. Your body will use this energy in curing acute bronchitis.
4. If you have fever as well as body ache along with bronchitis, you can take aspirin or ibuprofen. However, aspirin is a strong medicine and so it should not be given to bronchitis patients who are less than twenty years old.
5. If nothing seems to work for you, your best bet is to consult a doctor. He may prescribe medicines for you, if he thinks that is the only way to cure your bronchitis. Medicines for bronchitis typically include beta agonists as well as antibiotics.
If you need more information on how to cure bronchitis, [adrotate banner="9"]