Do you suffer from carbohydrate cravings? If you have a strong craving for foods which are rich in sugar and starch, such as snacks, junk foods, sweets, etc., and if your cravings increase day by day, then you are surely suffering from carbohydrate craving. In this article, I will tell how to cure carb cravings by following a few, simple steps.
1. You need to eat a diet which is rich in protein. Eat snacks and meals which contain a high amount of protein. Protein helps keep your blood sugar level balanced. Also, not eating or undereating is a bad idea. If you skip meals your blood sugar levels will obviously drop and you will feel hungry and crave for those high carb food products.
2. I am not saying that you should totally abstain from carbs. Your body needs carbohydrates, so eat carbs on a moderate level. Foods which are made up of flour, white rice, refined sugar and highly concentrated sweeteners contain a high amount of carbohydrates and should be avoided at all costs. On the other hand, fresh fruits and vegetables contain low amounts of carbs and are good for your overall health.
3. Some foods such as alcohol, fruit juice and caffeinated drinks should be avoided at all costs. They are notorious for increasing our blood sugar level beyond normal and then decreasing it to a very low level. As a result, our energy is lost and we crave to eat high amounts of sugar and starchy foods.
If you cannot abstain from these foods then at least reduce their intake.
4. Keep a stock of seasonal food items in your home. Eat them after eating a protein-rich diet. And never eat sweets while on an empty stomach. It is always advisable to eat sweets after you have filled your stomach with meals. If you eat sweets on an empty stomach, your blood sugar levels will go down and you will crave for more high crab foods. This is what you don’t want to happen!
5. Be sure to give your body and brain the rest they deserve. Sleep at least eight hours a day. If your brain and body gets plenty of sleep, your desire for carbs will automatically decrease. For more information, [adrotate banner="54"]